0 SteveMule: Elections in Knox County

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Elections in Knox County

Hi Everyone!
Borrowing a bit from Brian's Blog, I thought I'd post this little thing concerning the upcoming elections here in Knox County. Here's who's running plus a few thoughts of my own concerning some of the candidates. I'll be updating this as things go along.

U.S. House of Representative District 2
(R) John J. Duncan, Jr. - A nice enough guy, I've met him a couple times. Opposed to the War in Iraq.
(R) Ralph McGill - No idea who this is. I think he might be a warning shot across Duncan's bow to stop going off the reservation (i.e.: Iraq)
(D) Robert R. Scott - I've also met Mr. Scott a couple of times. A lone voice in the wilderness.

5th District State Senate
(R) State Senator James R. McNally, III

7th District State Senate
(R) State Senator Tim Burchett - Failure to Launch

13th District State House Representative
(D) Representative Harry Tindell - Harry's my Man! He's my rep and has my complete support and endorsment!
(R) James R. Parker - No idea who this is and since I'm voting for Rep. Tindell, I don't care who he is.

14th District State House Representative
(R) Representative Park M. "Parkey" Strader - He's currently leading the charge to save us from landscaping herbs! We should be so thankful and praise his name.

15th District State House Representative
(D) Representative Joseph Armstrong - A prime example of what a good representative should be.
(I) Pete Drew - What are independents? Why do they bother? Why should we care? I don't.

16th District State House Representative
(R) House Republican Caucus Chairman Bill Dunn

17th District State House Representative - Since only Republicans are running I don't care about either one.
(R) State Representative Frank Nicely
(R) Jim Bletner

18th District State House Representative
(R) State Representative Stacey Campfield - A nice enough guy but an embarrassment to Tennessee and particulary the good folks of the 18th District. I think he'll be gone after the May 2nd primary.
(R) Gary Drinnen - I don't know him but he seems to have the support of many local Republican power players and I think that he'll be Republican candidate.
(R) George Dodson - A right-wing looney and former ally of Rep. Campfield's. Now he's running, interestingly enough, not to help Campfield but to defeat Drinnen, who he calls a RINO (Republican In Name Only). He'll be gone after the May 2nd primary.
(D) Schree Pettigrew - A very strong and dedicated Democrat. The 18th's best choice after the legacy of idiocy left by Rep. Campfield. Schree has my endorsement.
(I) David Garrett, Jr. - Another Indendent. Totally insignificant.

19th District State House Representative
(R) Representative Harry Brooks

County Elected Offices.

County Mayor - Both are Republican so it hardley matters, yet I hope Steve wins if only to upset the local Republican power brokers. That'd be hoot I'd enjoy! Either way they're both Republicans so ...
(R) Steve Hall
(R) Mayor Mike Ragsdale

Knox County Commission Candidates
Lots of Democrat write-ins for the 1A seat. Unfortuneatly I don't know any of them with the exception of Stacey Diamond. I'll have more to say about this race later.
1A (D) Commissioner Diane Jordan (Term Limited)
1A (D) Stacey Diamond Write-In
1A (D) Stephen Dupree Write-In
1A (D) Jim Garland Write-In
1A (D) John B. Foster, Jr Write-In
1A (D) Charles Frazier Write-In
1A (D) Stan Johnson Write-In
1A (D) Helen Diane Lewis Write-In
1A (R) Albert O. Baah Write-In
1A (R) Clarence Cash Write-In
1A (R) Nick Della Volpe Write-In
1A (R) Mark Saroff Write-In
1A (I) Pete Drew - Another insignificant independent

1B (R) Ann Dingus
1B (D) Commissioner Thomas "Tank" Strickland - I've only met Tank twice (and I was just a hand in a crowd) but I like him and think he deserves a second term.

2A (R) Commissioner David Collins Term Limited
2A (R) David Oatney Write-In - David has dropped out. Check out his blog and read read why.
2A (D) Mark Harmon I've known Mark for several years, worked with on both the Kerry Campaign and with the Knox County Democrat Party. He has my complete and total support!
2A (D) George Steffaniak Write-In

2B (D) Commissioner Billy Tindell - Term Limited
2B (D) Amy Broyles Write-In - I've known and worked with Amy since the early days of the Kerry Campaign. She's a serious go-getter!
2B (D) Johnathon Wimmer Write-In - Jonathon is a newcomer but I've been very favorably impressed with him.
2B (R) Deborah W. Porter Write-In

3A (R) Commissioner Wanda Moody Term Limited
3A (R) Rex Norman
3A (D) Michael Daugherty
3A (D) Brenda J. Riley Write-In

3B (R) Commissioner Ivan Harmon
3B (D) Clovin Idol Write-In

4A (R) Commissioner John Schmid Term Limited
4A (R) Mike Alford
4A (D) Joan M. Wagner Write-In - I've known Joan for quite a while and she'd be great!

4B (R) Commissioner Phil Guthe Term Limited
4B (R) Lisa Bogaty Write-In
4B (R) Archie Ellis Write-In
4B (R) William Sherrod Write-In
4B (R) Ed Shouse Write-In
4B (R) Holly Foutch Wolfe Write-In
4B (D) Elaine Davis Write-In

5A (R) Commissioner Mike Hammond
5A (I) John R. Sadler
5B (R) Commissioner Craig Leuthold
5B (R) Kyle H. Phillips

5C (R) Commissioner John C. Griess Term Limited
5C (R) Leonard Brown Write-In
5C (R) Alexander Crain Write-In
5C (R) Larry Danner Write-In
5C (R) Gary Strand Write-In
5C (D) Tom Salter Write-In - I worked with Tom during the Kerry Campaign and he's my choice for this office!

6A (R) Chuck James
6A (R) Scott Russell
6A (D) Commissioner Stephen M. Cawood Term Limited

6B (R) Mike Corum
6B (R) Greg "Lumpy" Lambert
6B (R) Jimmie Shelton
6B (D) Margaret Massey Cox
6B (D) Jamie Price Payne

7A (R) David Amburn Write-In
7A (R) Commissioner Mary Lou Horner Term Limited
7A (R) James McMillian
7A (R) R. Larry Smith
7A (R) Steve M. Rogers Write-In

7B (R) Leo J. Cooper
7B (R) Commission Chairman Scott Moore

8A (R) Phil Ballard
8A (R) Commissioner Mike McMillian Term Limited
8A (R) James C. Eubanks Write-In
8A (D) James Brian Pirtle Write-In

8B (R) Kay Frazier
8B (R) Commissioner John Mills Term Limited
8B (R) Gary Sellers
8B (R) Roger William Bates Write-In
8B (D) Thomas Michael Pressley Write-In

9A (R) Commissioner Larry Clark Term Limited
9A (R) Johnny Chamberlain Write-In
9A (R) Peggy S. Lofin Write-In
9A (D) Steve McGill II Write-In

9B (R) David Kiger
9B (R) Commissioner Paul Pinkston
9B (I) Martin Pleasant - Mr. Pleasent is actually a member of the Green Party.

Sheriff
(R) Sheriff Tim Hutchison
(R) Carl R. Seider Write-In
(D) Randy Tyree Write-In - Randy is my pick. We need to thank Hutchinson and send him on his way.

Register of Deeds
(R) Register of Deeds Steve Hall
(R) Charles Tetstone
(D) Scott Emge - Scott is my pick for this office. He's a good guy.

Circuit Court Judge
Div.IV (R) David Lee
Div. IV (R) Judge Bill Swann

Criminal Court Judges
Div. II (R) Judge Ray L. Jenkins
Div. II (D) Ken Irvine - I've met and talked with Ken and he is the man for this job!

General Sessions Court Judge
Div. IV (R) Jimmy Kyle Davis
Div. IV (R) Andrew Jackson, VI
Div. IV (R) Chadwick B. Tindell
Div. IV (D) Ursula Bailey - Ursula is my PICK!

Criminal Court Clerk
(R) Gail Jarvis
(R) Clerk Martha Phillips

Knox County School Board - Non-partisan

District 6 - Thomas A. Deakins
District 6 - Fred Dillon
District 6 - H. Lee Martin

District 7 - Joyce Collins
District 7 - Diane Dozier
District 7 - Rex Stooksbury

District 9 - Robert Bratton
District 9 - Jim McClain

The following races are unopposed and will face no opponent.

Trustee
(R) Trustee Mike Lowe

Public Defender
(R) Public Defender Mark Stephens

District Attorney General
(D) Randy Nichols

Chancellor
Div. I (R) Chancellor John Weaver
Div. II (D) Chancellor Daryl Fansler
Div. III (R) Mike Moyers
Div. III (D) Jim Andrews Write-In - Jim is a super guy and has my vote!

Circuit Court Clerk
(R) Circuit Court Clerk Cathy Quist

Circuit Court Judges
Div. I (R) Judge Dale Workman
Div. II (D) Judge Harold Wimberly, Jr.
Div. III (R) Judge Wheeler Rosenbalm

Criminal Court Judges
Div. I (D) Judge Richard Baumgartner
Div. III (D) Judge Mary Beth Leibowitz

General Sessions Judges
Div. I (R) Judge Chuck Cerny
Div. II (R) Judge Geoff Emery
Div. III (R) Judge Bob R. McGee
Div. V (R) Judge Tony Stansberry

Juvenile Court Judge
(R) Judge Tim Irwin

County Clerk
(D) Wm. Mike Padgett
(R) Kelvin Moxley Write-In

Knox County School Board
District 1 - Sam Anderson
District 4 - Dan Murphy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insignificant?

September 28, 2006 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home