0 SteveMule: Night Travelings

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Night Travelings

As many of you know I work nights at a local "C"store here in the thriving metropolis of Great Bend, KS. I have worked there for ... well, it'll be two years this coming June. Since I started working there I have noticed several things, heard things and seen things that would have surprised me if you had told me about them before I experienced them. Here are a few:
#1.) The number of people that walk in and feel compelled to tell me it's cold outside.
Like, I'm too fucking stupid to know that. Like I'm so fucking dumb that I can't pull up weather.com on my computer and READ exactly how fucking cold it is.
#2.) French Vanilla Cappuccino is really popular.
It is so popular that grown men will almost break down in tears if we run out. And what gets me is ... it's an instant mix that we pour in the machine that is mixed with hot water and pours into a cup. You can get that shit at Wal-Mart for a whole lot less than you get it at any store but ... NO! They have to get it at the store or ... it just doesn't taste the same. Go figure ...
#3.) Folks that feel I am obligated to entertain them at zero-dark-thirty hours.
This one really annoys me. They'll come in and will start talking, BEFORE, DURING and AFTER they get whatever shit they just can't live without and get miffed that I don't engage them in whatever trivial crap they want to talk about. At zero-dark-thirty hours I want them in, up to register and out the door. I don't know who's in the play-offs (I don't care) and don't know how KSU or KU's doing (I don't care) or which driver has the highest point standing in NASCAR (I don't care) but ... at zero-dark-thirty hours I have to bullshit all of that or ... they'll think I'm being rude. What's really creepy is that it doesn't take me that much effort to bullshit them on any subject that comes up. At the same time FOX News and Rush Limbaugh are very popular in this area. So I guess there's a market/need/want for Bullshit on any topic.
I could go on but ... I'll let all that wait for another day. 11PM until 7AM brings out some very interesting shit.
SteveMule

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home