0 SteveMule: Differences and Contrasts

Monday, December 22, 2008

Differences and Contrasts

When I left Knoxville the only Digital Camera I had was a Sony Mavica Digital Still Camera MVC-FD73. Well, somewhere between Knoxville TN, and Kansas I lost the camera's battery charger. While I was able to take some pictures of my Niece's wedding I was pretty much sunk after that as the camera's battery was depleted.
A few weeks after moving here where I am now, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a really cheap camera for about $20. It wasn't much to brag about but it worked ... well enough I suppose. Any I used it for awhile and even took it with me on my first visit back to my old hometown of Ellsworth KS, and a visit to Mom's in Manhattan. [I will eventually get around to posting those pictures] It was during that trip to Mom's that my sister gave me her old camera, a Kodak EasyShare V530. Most of the pictures I've posted to this blog have been taken with that camera.
I was interested in comparing the two and here side by side (well ... actually bottom to top of each other) are two pictures taken of the same thing, at the same time (~5:30AM). I think you can see the difference. The first is the Kodak, the second is the Wal-Mart cheapie

I was surprised the difference was so noticeable. Even here on the blog page it really comes through. In MS Photo Editor the difference is stark and obvious! 1716 x 2576 pixels, 481 Kb versus 480 x 640 pixels, 42.8 Kb!!
Since this difference is so great I probably won't ever do more much with the Wal-Mart camera. After the batteries (two regular AAA types) go out I'll just put it away and forget about it.
Well, that's it for now I guess. It's Monday, I'm not working, so I'm going to get dressed and go out and try to get some good Crack of Dawn pictures.
Take Care, Be Good and Don't Play in the Street!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home