0 SteveMule: The Q_U_I_E_T

Friday, January 08, 2010

The Q_U_I_E_T

Last night was dead, dead quiet. During my shift the store had less than $700 in sales. Hardly worth keeping the doors open for. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean that it was boring. Hardly ...
Why is it that everyone thinks I have Bank of Love FDIC stamped on my ass? 10 to 4AM and this guy buys $10 - 20 bucks worth of stuff and hands me a $100 dollar bill. Now, while GB is a larger town than many; it's still Bum Fuck Rural Kansas! OF COURSE, I keep enough change on hand to break however many Ben F's the night's customers may bring in! OF COURSE, I do ... anyway, that was the only real highlight of the night. Other than that it really was pretty tame.
The police echoed the sentiment as well, one told me that they had answered only a few calls, domestics - folks going stir crazy from the C_O_L_D, and that there was little traffic on the streets. I'm glad the police had a quiet night. They deserve those from time to time.
It was also bone chillingly C_O_L_D! A high of 11F and a low of 2F; this isn't counting the windchill. So, curse the C_O_L_D if you must, but there are aspects of it that are enjoyable. It just depends on how you look at it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Citygirl said...

I know, kind of dorky, but as a fan of Peter Frampton on Facebook, even he had posted "JFK is almost empty". Luckily, its starting to warm up out this way.

January 09, 2010 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home